Laser Cutting Aramid
Professional and qualified Aramid fabric and fiber cutting machine
Characterized by relatively rigid polymer chains, aramid fibers have great mechanical properties and good resistance to abrasion. Traditional usage of knives is inefficient and the cutting tool wearing causes unstable product quality.
When it comes to aramid products, the large format industrial fabric cutting machine, fortunately, is the most suitable cutting tool for delivering a high level of precision and repeatability accuracy. The contactless thermal processing through the laser beam ensures the sealed cut edges and saves reworking or cleaning procedures.
Benefits from Laser Cutting on Aramid & Kevlar
Clean edge for any angles
Fine small holes with high repeataion
✔ Clean and sealed cutting edges
✔ High flexible cutting in all direction
✔ Precise cutting results with exquisite details
✔ Automatic processing roll textiles and save labors
✔ No deformation after processing
Recommended Aramid Cutting Machine
The Mimowork’s Flatbed Laser Cutter 160L is researched and developed for cutting industrial textile and synthetic fabric. With 300-watt laser power, you can process cut-resistant fabric easily, especially for cutting kevlar and aramid.
The entry-level fabric laser cutter for small businesses. If you are new to the business of composite fabric and wondering how to laser cut fabric, how to cut kevlar, or how to cut kevlar panels, then it's the right machine for you.
The Mimowork’s Flatbed Laser Cutter 250L is R&D for large format fabric application. Welcome to send your special request along with your cutting file, MimoWork can customize a textile laser cutter for you.
Why using MimoWork industrial fabric cutter machine for Cutting Aramid
• Improving the utilization rate of materials by adapting our Nesting Software
• Large selection of machine working table size with customization available
• Fume extraction system realizes indoor gas emission requirements
• Upgrade to multiple laser heads to improve your production capacity
• Different mechanical structures are designed to meet different budget requirements
• Fully enclosure design option to meet Class 4(IV) laser safety requirement
Typical applications for Laser Cutting Kevlar and Aramid
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Ballistic protective uniforms such as bullet proof vests
• Protective apparel such as gloves, motorcycle protective clothing and hunting gaiters
• Large format sails for sailboats and yachts
• Gaskets for high temperature and pressure applications
• Hot air filtration fabrics
Material information of Laser Cutting Aramid
Founded in the 60s, Aramid was the first organic fiber with sufficient tensile strength and modulus and was developed as a replacement for steel. Due to its good thermal (high melting point of >500℃) and electrical insulations properties, Aramid Fibers are widely used in aerospace, automotive, industrial settings, buildings, and the military. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) manufacturers will heavily weave the aramid fibers into the fabric to improve the safety and comfort of workers at all extremes. Originally, aramid, as a hard-wearing fabric, was heavily used in the denim markets that claimed to be as protective in wear and comfort compared to leather. Then it has been used in the manufacture of motorbike riding protective clothing rather than its original uses.
Common Aramid brand names:
Kevlar®, Nomex®, Twaron, and Technora.
Aramid vs Kevlar: Some people may ask what's the difference between aramid and kevlar. The answer is pretty straightforward. Kevlar is the famous trademarked name owned by DuPont and Aramid is the strong synthetic fiber.