What are the components of a CO2 laser cutting machine? |

What are the components of a CO2 laser cutting machine?

What are the components of a CO2 laser cutting machine?

According to different laser working materials, laser cutting equipment can be divided into solid laser cutting equipment and gas laser cutting equipment. According to the different working methods of the laser, it is divided into continuous laser cutting equipment and pulsed laser cutting equipment.

The CNC laser cutting machine we often say is generally composed of three parts, namely the worktable (usually a precision machine tool), the beam transmission system (also called the optical path, that is, the optics that transmits the beam in the entire optical path before the laser beam reaches the workpiece, Mechanical components) and microcomputer control system.

A CO2 laser cutting machine basically consists of a laser, light guide system, CNC system, cutting torch, console, gas source, water source, and exhaust system with 0.5-3kW output power. The basic structure of a typical CO2 laser cutting equipment is shown in the figure below:

1

The functions of each structure of the laser cutting equipment are as follows:

1. Laser power supply: Supplies the high-voltage power for the laser tubes. The generated laser light passes through the reflecting mirrors, and the light guide system guides the laser to the direction required for the workpiece.

2. Laser oscillator (ie laser tube): The main equipment for generating laser light.

3. Reflecting mirrors: Guide the laser in the required direction. In order to prevent the beam path from malfunctioning, all mirrors must be put on protective covers.

4. Cutting torch: mainly includes parts such as a laser gun body, focusing lens, and auxiliary gas nozzle, etc.

5. Working table: Used to place the cutting piece, and can move accurately according to the control program, usually driven by a stepper motor or a servo motor.

6. Cutting torch driving device: Used to drive the cutting torch to move along the X-axis and Z-axis according to the program. It is composed of transmission parts such as a motor and a lead screw. (From a three-dimensional perspective, the Z-axis is the vertical height, and the X and Y axes are horizontal)

7. CNC system: The term CNC stands for 'computer numerical control'. It controls the movement of the cutting plane and the cutting torch and also controls the output power of the laser.

8. Control panel: Used to control the entire working process of this cutting equipment.

9. Gas cylinders: Including laser working medium gas cylinders and auxiliary gas cylinders. It is used to supply the gas for laser oscillation and supply auxiliary gas for cutting.

10. Water chiller: It is used to cool the laser tubes. A laser tube is a device that converts electrical energy into light energy. If the conversion rate of a CO2 laser is 20%, the remaining 80% of the energy is converted into heat. Therefore, the water chiller is needed to take away the excess heat to keep the tubes working fine.

11. Air pump: It is used to supply clean and dry air to the laser tubes and beam path to keep the path and reflector working normally.

Later, we will go into more detail by simple videos and articles on each of the components to help you better understand the laser equipment and know what kind of machine suits you best before you actually purchase one. We also welcome you ask us directly: info@mimowork. com

Who are we:

Mimowork is a results-oriented corporation bringing 20-year deep operational expertise to offer laser processing and production solutions to SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) in and around clothing, auto, ad space.

Our rich experience of laser solutions deeply rooted in the advertisement, automotive & aviation, fashion & apparel, digital printing, and filter cloth industry allows us to accelerate your business from strategy to day-to-day execution.

We believe that expertise with fast-changing, emerging technologies at the crossroads of manufacture, innovation, technology, and commerce are a differentiator.

 


Post time: Apr-29-2021

Send your message to us:

Write your message here and send it to us